PiYO - The final 2 Weeks - COMPLETED!


Good Morning!  It's been a couple of weeks since I've done a PiYO update and what better day to do one than on COMPLETION day?!  Yep, that's right!  After finishing up this morning's workout I am an official PiYO graduate!  The program ended with a bang, the DRENCH workout.  Whew!  

PiYO Results, PiYO
PiYO COMPLETION! 

So, what's my opinion on PiYO?  Honestly, I really enjoyed it!  I spent my entire summer without the traditional jumping, weights, and running type cardio and still had great results!  I have seen a significant difference in my arms.  They actually look toned!  AND my flexibility is back!  I actually didn't realize it was gone until I started PiYO! Weight and inches wise?  I am in maintenance mode and was focusing more on toning up that losing weight, so, my goal was accomplished!

PiYO Results, PiYO Workouts
PiYO
So what's been going on these past two weeks in the kitchen?  For starters, I tried two new Shakeology recipes and can't decide which one I liked better!  The Sea Salt Caramel has that perfect chocolate caramel taste.  I felt like I was eating a candy  bar!  The Banana Foster was also delicious and a nice switch up with the rum extract. 

Shakeology, Chocolate Shakeology, Shakeology Recipes, Sea Salt Caramel Shakeology
Sea Salt Caramel Shakeology

So many people want to give Shakeology a try but have their reservations, which it totally understandable.  I've heard everything from "it's just another protein shake" to "it's too expensive," which is why some people think that swapping it out for something at GNC is the same thing.  Many people don't realize that Shakeology is NOT a protein shake.  They are DEFINITELY not comparable and DEFINITELY not nearly as effective.  As for the price, yes, Shakeology does seem like a bit of a large upfront cost; however, you DO get 30 meals at one time.  I challenge you to add up how much you spend on 30 truly healthy meals that contain your daily dose of vitamins and minerals.  
ANYWAYS, I found a great article that busts many of the myths surrounding Shakeology.  Click HERE to read them!

Shakeology, Chocolate Shakeology, Shakeology Recipes, Banana Foster Shakeology
Banana Foster Shakeology
As for new recipes these past few weeks, I  have to be honest, I was slacking a bit!  I did try a new dinner recipe which I will explain below; however, that's about it!  In honor of the first week of September and getting excited for Fall, I went back to one of my favorite Fall recipes: Pumpkin Chocolate Granola Bars! Oh my goodness are these delicious!  The last time I made these was last Fall and I totally forgot how good they were!  There was one problem....this time around everyone in the house decided to munch on them which resulted in them being completely GONE within 3 days! 

Pumpkin Chocolate Granola Bars, Healthy Snack
Pumpkin Chocolate Granola Bars
So, since the Pumpkin Chocolate Granola bars were a part of my plan and they clearly didn't last the whole week, I decided to make some Banana Oatmeal Cookies for the remainder of the week.  These are another favorite in our house and again, since I haven't made them in a while I forgot how good they were!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies, 21 Day Fix Treats
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Ok so on to an AMAZING new dinner recipe!  A new favorite restaurant of my husband's is Chipotle. While the ingredients seem pretty simple and some even healthy, you should see the sodium content!!  Holy Moly!  While we do occasionally go there, I wanted to figure out an at-home recipe so we could enjoy our favorite, the burrito bowl, more often.  After combining several different recipes, I came up with a great one!  While it obviously doesn't taste identical to the real version, it's still delicious and yes, it even passed my husband's approval.  We are actually  having it again this week!

Chipotle Burrito Bowl 

Clean Eating Chipotle Burrito Bowl
Chipotle Burrito Bowl

I also tried a new breakfast recipe!  Yesterday I decided to swap out my morning Shakeology for some Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal.  Yummy!! 
Healthy Breakfast, Oatmeal Recipes, Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Last but not least, I wanted to share my final week of PiYO meal plan with you.  As usual, I am still following the 21 Day Fix  nutritional plan.  Why?  Because it's SIMPLE and it WORKS!
21 Day Fix Meal Plan, Meal Planning
21 Day Fix Meal Plan























PiYO, PiYO Workouts
PiYO Sculpt
On to the workouts!  As I said before, I really enjoyed PiYO.  Yes, it challenges your flexibility and yes you better believe you are sweating your butt off when the workouts are over! Like other workouts, there are definitely some challenging moves that take time to master. Sometimes we get so caught up with no being able to do something perfectly, that we end up giving up.  It's OK if you need to modify moves until you build enough strength.  It's OK if you need to take a break before the specified time.  It's OK if you don't do as many reps as everyone else.  What matters is that you are doing it and that you are giving it your all!  It's not a contest and it's not a race.  The only person you are competing with is yourself.  You want to strive to do better, not to be perfect. 
Fitness Motivation

 Having said that, something that I love to do on the first day of workouts within my online accountability groups is have everyone post a workout accountability pic.  It's a great way to kick off the group and kick off whatever workout program you are choosing.  In all reality, although I run the groups and hold everyone accountable, I feel the accountability factor too!  I love when I check in and see how well everyone is doing.  I love when people feel comfortable enough to talk about their struggles so that we can all provide that motivation to leave it in the past and get back on track.  All of this provides ME with accountability and motivation too!  I'm certainly not perfect!  There are days where I don't feel like working out an there are days when I slip up a bit with my nutrition; but, seeing everyone else succeeding is enough to keep me on track too! And yes, contrary to not seeing the sweat dripping off of me, this is an accountability pic after an intense workout.  I used an effect to lighten the picture up a bit because it came out so dark and it doesn't even look like I worked out! 
PiYo, PiYO Workouts

You can check out my complete PiYO journey using the links below!

What Is PiYO?
Week 1 of PiYO
Week 2 of PiYO
Week 3 of PiYO
Week 4 of PiYO
Week 5 of PiYO
Week 6 of PiYO

So, I leave you with one final note.  If you are struggling with reaching your health and fitness goals, or, if you need help getting them started, feel free to reach out to me and join one of my online health and fitness accountability groups!  I will provide you with the support, motivation, accountability and that overall little "nudge" to get you on track to reaching those goals. We all know there is no "perfect" time to start, so, why not now?  I have an exclusive 21 Day Fix Up for Fall group beginning September 8th and will be starting another 30 Day Fall in to Fitness group at the end of the month.   

In fact, there is special discounted pricing on the 21 Day Fix Challenge pack through the end of September.  As me how you can get the 21 Day Fix for just $10!

So, whether you are interested in PiYO, 21 Day Fix, P90X3, or any other Beachbody fitness program, I can help you get your healthy lifestyle started! Fill out the application below to get more information and/or to reserve your spot in my next group!  

Next stop for me?....Another round of T25 begins TOMORROW.  Stay tuned! 

Health and Fitness Accountability Groups


The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,