Pumpkin Chocolate Granola Bars

I absolutely LOVE granola bars; but, if you don't already know this, granola bars aren't exactly that good for you.  I came across this recipe from a friend and gave it try.  I had to admit, I ate one as soon I took it out of the oven!  They were simple to make and now I have a crunchy snack to eat with my yogurt during lunch for the entire week!  You have to try these!  


Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Grease an 8 by 8 pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together.  Set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth.  Pour the mixture over the oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist. 
  4. Stir in the dark chocolate and almonds.
  5. Evenly press the oat mixture into the pan.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.  The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set. 
  6. Remove them from oven and let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
  7. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars.  Remove from pan and let cool completely.
  8. Makes 8-10 granola bars.



Enjoy!




Labels: , , , ,