Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Recipe

Once I began eating clean I drastically reduced the amount of pasta that I (and my family) eat; however, we do like to enjoy it every now and then.  So, I switched things up a bit from the traditional pasta, sauce, and meatballs.  I added some protein, veggies, and a few little extras to make this delicious dish!  
Note:  when eating pasta, I do limit myself to about 3/4 cup and then I loaded up a bit more on the chicken and broccoli.  


Ingredients: (I used the measurements below for my family which consists of my husband, 2 toddler aged daughters, and myself.  There was PLENTY to go around, which meant my husband was able to have some leftovers to take to work.)
Clean Eating, Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
* Whole Wheat rotini or penne pasta
* 1 small head of broccoli
* 4 chicken breasts
* 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
* 1/2 tsp sea salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 1/2 cup grated FRESH Parmesan cheese (NOT Kraft cheese!)
* 1/2 cup walnuts


Directions:
  1. Cook pasta according to the package directions, adding the broccoli florets during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
  2. While pasta is cooking, season chicken breasts and grill until cooked through.  Once cooked, cut up in to chunks and set aside. You can season with a little garlic and lemon.  I used Mrs. Dash's salt-free Lemon Pepper Seasoning. 
  3. Drain and return the pasta and broccoli to the pot.
  4. Stir in the chicken broth, chicken, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper
  5. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, tossing frequently until heated through.
  6. Top with cheese and nuts.

Enjoy!

Labels: , , , , ,