Bean Salsa

We celebrated my daughter's second birthday today!  When planning for the party, I knew that I wanted to have at least a couple of clean, healthy appetizers.  Typically, when you attend any type of party / family get together, there aren't many healthy options to choose from.  This is a great and easy recipe that you can take along with you so that there IS something healthy to choose from!  I tried this recipe at a friends house over the summer and LOVED it! Likewise, it was a hit at the party! Since I forgot to take a picture before it was gone, I had to steal this one from a friend! Give it a try and let me know your thoughts! 


Ingredients:
1 Red Onion finely diced
1 can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
1 can of Kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 Avocado sliced into chunks
1 tomato diced
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp salsa
1 1/2 cups of frozen corn thawed and drained
3 Tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt
Olive Oil


Directions:
1. Mix all liquid ingredients together.
2. Add in all other ingredients and stir.


That's it!  How much easier could it get?!                             
                                                                                               

Good, clean tortilla chips are hard to find.  A good brand to use is Food Should Taste Good. 








Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 



Labels: , , , , , , ,